Senior Controls Engineer
Entered: 18 Apr 2019
Senior Control Systems Engineer
Galway, Sligo and Dublin locations
An internationally recognised industry leader in Equipment System Integration and System Support is seeking Senior Controls Systems Engineers for Galway, Sligo and Dublin regions.
This company works with many major multinational clients in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Healthcare and Food and Beverage sectors as part of an impressive portfolio. You will be working on projects that are technically challenging in a supportive work environment that encourages creativity, innovation and leadership.
What’s on offer?
This is a permanent position with an excellent package offering the opportunity to work on client tailored programmes working within the medical devices and healthcare industries. Benefits also include Pension scheme, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Full Attendance Awards, Educational Assistance and Service Related Annual Leave.
The company also offer a Well Being Programme with scheduled events including fitness activities, step challenges and mental health awareness programmes.
As Senior Control Systems Engineer your role will be the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems. You will have the responsibility to mentor more junior team members in the group based on your years of experience
- Provide direction, inspiration and technical knowledge to fellow and junior resources
- Development, commissioning and support of automation, control systems and custom developed software programs
- Responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues
- Operate according to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines
- Implementation of code changes under change control
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines
What you need to succeed
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment
- Experienced with Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Vision Systems in the manufacturing environment(required)