Entered: 18 Mar 2019
About Drumakill Engineering
Established in 1988, Drumakill Engineering provide a range of fabrication services. These vary from heavy structural steelwork to miscellaneous metalwork, stairs balconies and railings.
To complement the above we also provide a design and build service for a range of storage solutions. These include cantilever racking, shelving and low temperature pallet storage. Our clients range from leading Irish furniture retailers to multinational storage and logistics companies.
Typical day to day job activities for our design engineers include:
- Working with our senior design team to bring innovative concepts to life through CAD modelling, prototyping and detailed specification for production.
- Accompany the senior team with client presentations and project reviews
- Helping to maintain our high standard of customer service during all client contact.
- Communicating effectively with clients and supply chain partners to ensure design intent is maintained throughout the process as successful product concepts are transitioned through to production.
- Recognised degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline
- 2-5 years experience, preferably in a consultancy or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate mechanical concepts quickly and effectively
- Proficiency in the use of 2D and 3D CAD software, ideally including experience in the use of SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor
- Experience in developing complex multi-part CAD assemblies and in outputting detailed specification drawings.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and in person.
- Ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team, while taking responsibility for individual tasks.
- Willingness to take a lead role in the prototyping of new products