Civil Contracts Engineer
Entered: 02 Aug 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Contracts Engineer for our client. Our Client, is a well-established civils’ company who have various ongoing projects across Ireland.
The successful Contracts Engineer will join their team on a project based in Oranmore, Galway.
The successful candidate must have a degree in Civil Engineering, Strong knowledge of civil engineering, site plant & equipment & Prior experience in a contracts engineering role would be highly beneficial.
Contracts Engineer’s Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the regional manager
- Responsible for coordinating all Construction Stage Health & Safety plans
- Liaise with our client prior to project commencement to plan & schedule proposed works
- Ensure communication by supervisors/foremen of Site Inductions, Method Statements & Safe Systems of Work (SSWP) for all visitors, employees, contractors and suppliers visiting site.
- Liaise with site management to ensure all records are kept up to date
- Monitor quality of Surface Dressing works to ensure compliance with the “Institute of Asphalt Technology Guidelines for Surface Dressing in Ireland 3rd Edition”.
- Monitor quality of In situ Road Recycling & Stabilisation works are in accordance with the “Institute of Asphalt Technology Best Practice Advice for Cold In Situ Recycling”.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure compliance with all H&S standards & including traffic management safety
- Completion of preconstruction condition surveys
- Order & schedule deliveries of materials
- Responsible for providing measures on completed works for invoicing
The successful Contracts Engineer will require:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience as a contracts engineer would be highly beneficial
- Must have experience using AutoCAD, & equipment Microsoft Office & Engineering Applications
- Excellent knowledge of health & safety, environmental & traffic management
- Strong knowledge of civil engineering, site plant & equipment
Salary: €35k- €45k D.O.E
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.