Mechanical / Maintenance Technicians - DAA airport
Entered: 02 Feb 2023
Maintenance / Mechanical Technicians (Fitters) - DAA (shiftwork)
Dublin Airport (parking provided)
€51k to €63k + excellent pension. Shiftwork, and Salary depends on years and suitability of experience
Trade papers required, and full driving license
Full time and permanent position with DAA
Our client runs the largest airport facility in Ireland, they seek maintenance technicians / mechanical fitters (also electricians) who will be employed directly by the DAA on a permanent basis and will be doing rotating shiftwork, with a mix of nights, days, weekends and weekdays. 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off consisting on 2 days and 2 nights.
An award winning pension scheme is also on offer to successful applicants, where (seperate to your salary) between 7% and 10% is paid by your employer towards your pension, which you are also paying into.
The function of the role is to provide services for the operation and maintenance of the Dublin Airport baggage handling systems. The asset base includes conveyors, x-ray machines, sortation systems, PLCs, SCADA, bar code scanning equipment and other equipment associated with a fully automated conveyance system.
• Complete reactive maintenance and repairs on all asset types as directed by the Team Lead and where competent to do so.
• Work in a cross functional & multi skilled environment to support, operate and maintain all DAP assets.
• Demonstrate excellent and prompt communication on system issues both within Asset Management and among other stakeholders, internal and external.
• Maintaining a clean & healthy work environment in all asset areas
• Produce and maintain comprehensive, timely, records and documentation to support asset performance metrics and ensure equipment/system availability targets are achieved.
• Maximise the use of all technologies, including full use of real time mobile technologies. e.g. phones, tablets, laptops, PDA etc.
• Use of CMMS for the generation and recording of all planned, reactive, and arising corrective works. Including recording of timecards, escalations, and full completion of the appropriate workflows, in an effort to improve the performance of the system’s reliability and our processes.
• Delegate & back fill in other work groups/teams as required.
• Support cost effective and customer focused maintenance solutions.
• Safe & competent operation of engineering related equipment as required.
• Promote, report on and participate in a positive H&S culture
• Participate in all training required, either internal or external to daa, ensure competence and compliance standards are met, surpassed and sustained.
• Participate in completion, development & review of standards, documentation, reporting and work methods across Asset Management.
• Take full responsibility for inventory usage ensuring adherence to the associated procedures.
• Escorting of various contractors as directed by the Team Lead or asset management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Relevant technical qualification (National Craft Certificate/Standards Based Apprenticeship) in mechanical or electrical discipline or equivalent. Given the variety of asset types across Dublin Airport, experience of all or some of the following systems is desirable. - Conveyors systems, automation, Building Service Systems (mech and/or Elec, Life safety, HVAC, Security, Public health systems etc.)
• Appropriate and recognised technical qualification.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the building services operations & associated systems.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral. (for H&S reasons, Fluent English language skills are essential due to the nature of radio communications within the buildings and campus).
• Computer literate (can demonstrate competency in Microsoft office).
• Proven track record of excellent team working/interpersonal skills.
• Provide full flexibility in terms of hours of work, shift patterns, out of hours call in and remote technical support.
• Must be a team player & committed to daa values
• Practical, logical aptitude for electrical & mechanical systems maintenance.
• Excellent practical demonstrable fault finding and trouble-shooting capability.
• Hold and maintain a full clean driving licence.
If interested in this excel