Entered: 12 Dec 2019
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Plant Manager for a leading manufacturing company based in North Cork.
The successful candidate will have over 5 years’ Plant / Site Management experience in a heavy manufacturing environment as well as a qualification in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or a related field.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and experience as Plant Manager with a proven track record in good manufacturing practice and lean principles. They will be responsible for all Production, Maintenance and Safety, Health, Environment, Quality (SHEQ) on the Cork site. They will work closely with Sales and the Head of Group Operations to manage the production capacity to deliver on the Group’s strategic objectives. They will work closely with the Group Capital & Development team on Site and new products introduction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively promote and prioritise a safe working environment for our people.
- Working closely with SHEQ Manager, ensure appropriate policies, procedures, staff and processes are in place to meet the safety, health environment, and quality assurance standards.
- Develop the production plan to maximise the return to the business working closely with the Sales managers.
- Contribute to the development of the overall production strategy for the Group.
- Monitor the production performance of the site against the budget through a set of agreed KPIs.
- Drive efficiencies at all levels in the site, through short/medium term projects.
- Drive standardisation of approaches, practices and reporting across the site through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead and support the people agenda on site from a recruitment, onboarding, development and employee engagement perspective in conjunction with HR.
- Establish a regular pattern of (daily, weekly and bi-weekly) production meetings within the site to ensure the delivery of the production plan.
- Form strong working relationships with supervisors to support them in their roles and to enable them to share knowledge and best practices.
- Contribute to the development of the capital investment strategy plan and the implementation of capital and NPD projects for the site.
- Oversee smooth and efficient operations across the site from intake through primary and secondary production.
- Develop a strong culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Qualification in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ Plant / Site Management experience is essential
- Knowledge and experience to promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Reduces complexity and increases efficiency in processes to maximise outcome/return.
- Leads by example, with a "can do" approach, passion, energy and a strong work ethic.
- Very strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Makes good decisions and delegates responsibility and accountability to the appropriate level.
- Understands the importance of managing and developing people.
- Creates a climate in which people can do their best.
- Open to change with a capacity to deal comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships.