Entered: 15 Apr 2021
Suir Engineering has over 35 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (M,E&I) expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than 1000 people and in the region of €160 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, London & Stockholm.
Suir Engineering operates in the following sectors: data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful M,E&I projects in Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, set up and implement quality management systems and track welds
- Plan, lead and conduct quality system audits
- Provide technical advice
- Verify implementation of contractual requirements
- Monitor contractors and suppliers work for hold and witness points for welding activities
- Lease with quality team about offsite inspection activities and produce reports
- Review weld procedures and welder qualification.
- Ensure work is completed in line with project specifications, undertaking inspections at defined stages.
- Completion of weld logs recording weld Identification and weld numbers.
- Raise non-conformances when out of specification requirements are identified and support resolution and close out.
- Responsible for all mechanical inspections related to installations, testing, commissioning etc. for the involved project.
- Develop and implement Suir and subcontractors Inspection and Test Plans, Quality Plans and quality procedures.
- Represent the company as the QA/QC interface with the Client on all aspects of QA/QC for the duration of the project.
- Conduct inspections of all ongoing activities for mechanical installations.
- Conduct inspections for all mechanical material deliveries.
- Attend all mechanical inspections with client/contractor representatives.
- Prepare daily QA/QC report regarding inspections, material, non-conformances etc.
- Assist / coordinate the preparation of the final handing over documents such as QCQA documents, testing and commissioning reports etc.
- Prepare testing and commissioning method statements in coordination with vendors, general contractor representatives and project owner representatives.
- Ensure the EIDA software system is used as the primary tool for management of the QA/QC process on site.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (both nationally and internationally) as required.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by Management, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- CSWIP 3.1 Essential
- Good Communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to use all Microsoft programs and prepare good quality reports
- 5+ years experience in similar role
Benefits of Working with Suir Engineering
- Competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Pension Option
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking